Class Costs (unless stated otherwise)
Cost: 3 hour group class $40 or
3 x 3hr classes $110 (can be used over a 6 month period)
Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm (unless otherwise noted)
Booking: Bookings and pre-payment are required for all classes – please contact the store to arrange.
Cancellation Policy: We require a minimum of 48 hours notice of cancellation, in order for you to receive a refund or credit for lesson fees. 4 participants are required for a class to proceed, if Pleasuresew cancels any class a full refund or credit will be provided.
- General Sewing with Vic - 2nd & 4th Friday Vic can help you to complete nearly any project, whether it is dressmaking, quilting, bag making or any other sewing project you need help with. Come along and get those projects finished!! BYO: Machine, project, all tools and accessories and requirements for each class.
- Dressmaking – How to’s with Andrea Wednesday - 6.00 - 9.00pm Thursday 1-30 - 4.30pm There are many skills you can learn in this class, from reading a pattern right through to the finishing touches of the project. Things that can be covered include how to cut fabric from a pattern, seam finishes, collars, cuffs, zips, facings, binding, hems and buttonholes. BYO: Machine and accessories, overlocker and accessories, sewing tools, project (fabric and pattern).
- Make and Take Lessons - 4th Tuesday Come and make a fun quick project that will be handy in your sewing room or make a great gift. Different projects every month – contact the store to see what we are making this month! BYO: Machine and accessories and sewing tools.
- Re-Threading Your Overlocker - $25 Having trouble getting your overlocker threaded? Bring it in anytime and we can thread and test sew to check tensions. Usually takes around ½ hour but if we are busy we may require you to leave your machine with us for a few hours.
- Learn to use your Sewing Machine or Overlocker
Cost: Free with the purchase of a new machine or $60-$100 if purchased elsewhere (depending on model) Time: 10am or 2pm Monday to Friday – booking essential
Patchwork & Quilting
- Patchwork with Vic - 2nd & 4th Wednesday or 2nd & 4th Saturday Vic’s classes are a must for the beginner and also the advanced. She will start you with the basics or you can work on your own project with Vic’s expert help. BYO: Machine, accessories, tools and your project or fabric.
Free Motion & Ruler Quilting Classes -4th Monday & 1 Saturday every second month (contact the store for dates)
Dianne will help you with all aspects of Free Motion Quilting and/or Ruler Work. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced, we can give you tips and new ideas to take your quilting to the next level. BYO: Sewing machine, 40 or 50 weight good quality quilting thread, a quilt sandwich for practice, quilting gloves and a Slider (beneficial but not essential). Ruler Work: Ruler foot to suit your machine and a ruler.
- Machine Embroidery Classes with Dorit 1st & 3rd Thursday and 1st Saturday
This is a hands-on class for owners of embroidery machines. Whether you are a beginner or more advanced this class is a great way to gain knowledge and experience while learning about all facets of machine embroidery. You can bring any project you need help with or we can guide you in a project to get you started on your journey. BYO: Embroidery machine, hoops, accessories, usb/card, all tools and fabric for project.